Hospitality and dinners
Pascete eos et venient - Feed them and they'll come - 21st-century priest
Eating good food together is a main staple of communal life at Christ Church. Every Sunday after Mass, around 11:15am, a team of volunteers offers several dishes to sample. We call this "hospitality" and we consider it an extension of the Eucharistic hospitality: as God in Christ has welcomes us to his table, so we welcome each other to share our food and our creativity in preparing it. You will not find just "church coffee" at Christ Church!
Furthermore, we find plenty of occasions during the year to have supper together or to serve a dinner.
DATES OF DINNERS 2018/2019:
- September 15, 2018 Holy Cross Dinner, for parishioners and their friends
- October 20, 2018 Oktoberfest (fundraising) more info by clicking here
- Winter dinner (fundraising): March 2, 2019. More info by clicking here
- Great Bash of Easter, for all participants to the Great Vigil of Easter: April 20, 2019
- Pentecost Dinner, for parishioners and their friends
- Brew Fest (fundraising) more info by clicking here
Each Wednesday (September to June) we enjoy a simple potluck at 6:15pm, right before our Bible Class.